"The Supreme Court's ruling on Thursday that a District of Columbia ban on handgun ownership is unconstitutional appears to be solidly in step with public opinion. A clear majority of the U.S. public -- 73% -- believes the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the rights of Americans to own guns. And almost 7 out of 10 Americans are opposed to a law that...
The Founders' View of the Right to Bear Arms: A Definitive History of the Second Amendment
"A concise history of the Second Amendment that traces every term and phrase of this much disputed provision to their American roots and earliest authors. All details of the Second Amendment's terms and development are explained and thoroughly documented in this brand new book. The author, David E. Young, relies on his own published document collection, The Origin of the Second Amendment (extensively cited in recent U.S. Courts of Appeals decisions), as the source for documentation in The Founders' View. For decades there has been a pressing need for a simple and straightforward explanation of the Second Amendment that is consistent with all of the historical evidence available. The Founders' View of the Right to Bear Arms provides a crystal clear understanding of the Second Amendment sought by so many for so long. The Founders' View presents exactly that - the understanding of those who developed and implemented the U.S. Bill of Rights and its Second Amendment provision. This new volume examines only the most relevant information regarding the statements, actions, and persons directly responsible for the formation of the Bill of Rights and its second provision. The Founders' View presents a number of facts about the Second Amendment not previously described or understood. The fundamental and expansive nature of the individual rights protected by the Second Amendment are clearly presented and documented. For those interested in the complete and documented historical facts that conclusively settle the Second Amendment intent controversy, the Founders' View of the Right to Bear Arms provides a most informative and easy read."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- The Founders' Second Amendment: Origins of the Right to Bear Arms
- 2nd Amendment: The Right to Bear Arms
- Video/Audio: Is the Second Amendment an Individual Right?
- The Origin of the Second Amendment: A Documentary History of the Bill of Rights
- To keep and bear arms: The origins of an Anglo-American right
- Delaware Declaration of Rights and Fundamental Rules
- Sir Edward Coke, Second Institute 45, 55
- What is meant by strategic arms: Protocol to the new Russian-U.S. START Treaty
- A Well-Regulated Militia: The Founding Fathers and the Origins of Gun Control in America
- Massachusetts Constitution of 1780, Pt. 1, Art. 14