Although Robert Maranto feels he is a moderate in his political views, his experiences with liberal academia have led him to believe he is on the far right of the political spectrum. This article describes the experiences of Maranto and other conservative academics like him, and suggests that the current university situation leans strongly toward a liberal agenda....
One-Party Classroom: How Radical Professors at America’s Top Colleges Indoctrinate Students and Undermine Our Democracy
"David Horowitz and coauthor Jacob Laksin take us inside twelve major universities where radical agendas have been institutionalized and scholarly standards abandoned. The schools they examine are not the easily avoided bottom of the barrel. Rather, they are an all-too-representative sampling of American higher education today.
Horowitz and Laksin have conducted the first comprehensive, in-depth, multiyear investigation of what is being taught in colleges and universities across the country–public to private, from large state schools to elite Ivy League institutions. They have systematically scrutinized course catalogs, reading lists, professors’ biographies, scholarly records, and the first-person testimonies of students, administrators, and faculty. Citing more than 150 specific courses, they reveal how academic standards have been violated and demonstrate beyond dispute that systematic indoctrination in radical politics is now an integral part of the liberal arts curriculum of America’s colleges. The extreme ideological cant that today’s students are being fed includes:
- Promoting Marxist approaches as keys to understanding human societies–with no mention of the bloody legacy of these doctrines and total collapse in the real world of the societies they created
- Instilling the idea that racism, brutally enforced by a 'white male patriarchy' to oppress people of color and other marginalized groups, has been the organizing principle of American society throughout its history and into the present
- Requiring students to believe that gender is not a biological characteristic but a socially created aspect of human behavior designed by men to oppress women
- Persuading students that America and Israel are 'imperialistic' and 'racist' states and that the latter has no more right to exist than the South African regime in the days of apartheid."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- Quotes on Liberal Bias In Education: Campus, Classroom & College
- Indoctrination U.: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom
- Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America’s Youth
- Politics in the Classroom: A Survey of Students at the Top 50 Colleges & Universities
- China steps up suppression of human rights in wake of Nobel Peace prize
- The Political Attack on Our Universities
- The Shadow University: The Betrayal of Liberty on America’s Campuses
- New Library Topic: Education and Social Justice
- Liberal Bias in Education: Campus, Classroom & College
- Quotes on Education and Social Justice