Myers reports on state laws affecting the pensions of Chicago Public School teachers. He discusses the politics behind unions involved in the decision making process and their important role in determining a balanced budget. According to Myers, the Caucus of Rank and File Educators (CORE) is a recent contender "whose members say the Pension Board needs better...
CalSTRS and CalPERS Unfunded Liabilities 2010
"The State of California understates teachers’ pension unfunded liabilities by as much as $101.2 billion. to put this in perspective, California’s total budget was about $89.5 billion for FY2009-2010."
"The State of California understates public employees’ pension unfunded liabilities by as much as $149.9 billion, which is greater than California’s current total budget."
More About This Topic...
- Trouble Brewing: The Disaster of California State Pensions
- Going For Broke: Reforming California’s Public Employee Pension Systems
- CalPERS Investment Returns: 1984-2009
- Look Up CalSTRS Pensioners Making More Than $100,000/Yr.
- Look Up CalPERS Pensioners Making More Than $100,000/Yr
- 2009: California’s biggest government pension funds lose almost $100 billion
- Largest US Teacher Pension Fund Underfunding Increases By $9 Billion To $64.5 Billion, Only 69% Funded
- Video: Gov. Schwarzenegger on CA's $500 Billion Pension Bubble
- Quotes on Public Employee Pensions and the Financial Crisis
- Unfunded Liabilities of State and Local Government Employee Retirement Benefit Plans