"In a complete revision of the standard account, Rothbard traces inflations, banking panics, and money meltdowns from the Colonial Period through the mid-20th century to show how government's systematic war on sound money is the hidden force behind nearly all major economic calamities in American history. Never has the story of money and banking...
Global Currency in Circulation Compared to Value of All Gold Mined
This figure "shows a historical comparison for the value of mined gold against that of currency in circulation. This chart essentially overlays our previous data on global money supply with the data on the value of gold. It provides the basis for our valuation of gold."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- The Gold Standard
- Is the Gold Standard Still the Gold Standard among Monetary Systems?
- Your Purchasing Power
- Why Gold?
- Money, Gold and the Great Depression
- Historical Average of Annual Energy Subsidies: A Century of Federal Support
- Why Not the Gold Standard?
- Established Entrepreneurial Activity for 59 Economies in 2010, by Phase of Economic Development
- Gold and Fractional Reserve Banking
- The Gold Standard and the Great Depression