"The combination of Hurricane Isaac, refinery fires, Labor Day driving, and our deficit habit pushed August gasoline prices higher throughout the month. By the time September rolled around, the average price of unleaded self-serve gasoline nationwide stood at $3.84 per gallon. In January, the price was $3.29. That's a whopping 54 cent or 16 percent increase in eight months. Higher priced...
Global Currency in Circulation Compared to Value of All Gold Mined
This figure "shows a historical comparison for the value of mined gold against that of currency in circulation. This chart essentially overlays our previous data on global money supply with the data on the value of gold. It provides the basis for our valuation of gold."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- Your Purchasing Power
- Gold versus Fractional Reserves
- Is the Gold Standard Still the Gold Standard among Monetary Systems?
- Dollar Versus Gold
- U.S. Dollar Versus Gold: You Should Care
- Money, Gold and the Great Depression
- Why Not the Gold Standard?
- Currency in Circulation (M1): 1947-2012
- The Gold Standard
- A Free-Market Monetary System and The Pretense of Knowledge