"There are two Affordable Care Acts. There's the legislation passed by Congress in 2009, and then there's the mythical Affordable Care Act – the perfidious 'government takeover' decried and demagogued by so many conservatives (and quite a few liberals). The former is quite popular, the latter gets decidedly mixed reviews."
Total Cost of PPACA through 10 Years of Implementation, including "Doc Fix" and Administrative/Implementation Costs
"CBO officially scored the bill as reducing the budget deficit by $138 billion over 10 years. Putting that in perspective, if true, it would amount to roughly 62 percent of the total deficit that the federal government incurred in February of 2010 alone. ...
As Figure 10 shows, adding the cost of the doc-fix, discretionary costs, and other costs that were not originally included in CBO’s score to the legislation brings the total cost over 10 years of actual operation to over $2.7 trillion."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- Krugman and Obama mislead on debts and deficits
- Total Spending under PPACA through 10 Years of Implementation
- Average Gain or Loss in Households’ Purchasing Power from the Greenhouse-Gas Cap-and-Trade Program in H.R. 2454
- Spending Projections under PPACA
- CBO Projections of Tax Increases in PPACA, 2013-2019 and Ten-Year Totals
- Premiums under PPACA
- Number of Uninsured under PPACA
- CBO's Budgetary Treatment of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Implementing START II
- Congressional Budget Office analysis of H.R. 4088