Spalding traces the roots of American progressives to German thinkers who believed in the "Administrative State." Here, government is controlled by administrators and "experts," rather than officials elected to represent the people. Spalding also notes that the Founders and the progressives differed in their view of the Constitution. Progressives believed in a "...
U.S. Health Care Spending, FY 1900 to FY 2012
May 25, 2012
This chart demonstrates the growth of government spending on health care since 1900. Health care expenditures especially accelerated in the 1990s and 2000s.
More About This Topic...
- U.S. Education Spending, FY 1900 to FY 2012
- U.S. Transportation Spending, FY 1900 to FY 2012
- U.S. Welfare Spending, FY 1900 to FY 2012
- U.S. Defense Spending, FY 1900 to FY 2012
- U.S. Pension Expenditures, FY 1900 to FY 2012
- Entitlement Spending Chart
- Mississippi GDP: 2000-2010
- Mississippi Welfare Spending, 1990 to 2022
- Growth of Government
- Affordable Care Act Spending Cuts, 2013-2022