A foundational document to Islam, the Hadith plays a core role in the determination of Sharia law. "Hadith, as defined by Understanding Islam, is a narration of the words or acts of the Prophet, as perceived and transmitted by...
Where Rights Are Seen As Lacking: Muslim Countries Predominate
"Majorities of Muslims in Lebanon, turkey and Jordan say that they do not have honest elections and lack the freedom to openly criticize the government. These perceptions are also widespread in Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh. Many also complain that the judicial system does not treat everyone the same and that news organizations face government censorship."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- Population Estimates and Descriptions of Minority Communities in Iraq, 2003 and 2011
- Nigeria: Current Issues and U.S. Policy
- Executive Order 8985 Establishing the Office of Censorship
- Islamic Jihad Union (IJU)
- Sea Level Changes In Bangladesh: New Observational Facts
- Written in Stone? The Impact Of Sharia Law on Women's Rights in Nigeria
- Role of Islam in Political Life
- The Paradox of Plenty: Oil Booms and Petro-States
- North Korean Exports of Merchandise by Major Country of Destination, 1994-2008
- U.S. Relations With Uzbekistan