"There is an old joke that says Brazil is the country of the future – and always will be. But with rapid economic growth, the government claiming that some 40 million people have been lifted out of poverty in the past decade and the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro on the horizon, it seems the joke is about to fall flat. Brazil's time has arrived and the country of sun, sea...
World-Wide Wind Energy Resource Distribution Estimates
"This map was prepared by the US-DOE in 1985 using wind data compiled in 1980. We now know that much of the data was based on meteorological station data that underestimated wind resources because of poor exposure and inadequate maintenance of the wind speed sensors (anemometers). Many areas shown as Class 1 actually have more wind resources than indicated. Please use this map with caution."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- Wind Energy
- DOE provides detailed offshore wind resource maps
- World Potential Renewable Energy
- Wind Speed at 90m
- Wind Power, Windmills, and Renewable Energy
- Photovoltaic Solar Resource: United States - Spain - Germany
- International Rankings of Wind Power Capacity
- 20% Wind Energy by 2030
- United States Annual Average Wind Power
- MasterResource: A Free-Market Energy Blog