"The Arctic will retain its power to amaze for a long time. Yet it is now changing beyond the usual regional and annual variations in sea-ice formation, glacier melt and so forth. The Arctic is clearly melting. Its floating ice cap is shrinking and thinning and its glaciers are retreating. By the end of this century, maybe much sooner, there will be frequent Arctic summers with almost no sea...
What to Do About Climate Change
This analysis provides an excellent overview of a variety of issues surrounding climate change and concludes the best way for the world to "combat" climate change is, "...by reducing present-day vulnerabilities to climate-sensitive problems that could be exacerbated by climate change rather than through overly aggressive GHG reductions."
More About This Topic...
Click thumbnails below to view links
- What To Do About Climate Change
- Quotes on Economic Impacts of Climate Change
- Is Climate Change the 21st Century’s Most Urgent Environmental Problem?
- Human Health
- Health Effects of Climate Change
- Living with Global Warming
- Jonathan Patz: Testimony before the Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming
- Climate Lab: Cap and Trade
- The Economics of Climate Change: A Primer
- Projected Climate Change Impact in the 2080s, Compared to Other Environmental & Public Health Problems