"'The catalytic converter has had a profound impact on our environment,' says Jim Kliesch, senior engineer for the Union of Concerned Scientists. Advances in the catalytic converter, which rolled out on GM's 1975 model-year cars, and computer-controlled fuel injection technology have all but eliminated tailpipe emissions, he says."
Video: The Great Global Warming Swindle
From Channel 4, which aired the documentary in the UK: "This film by the documentary-maker Martin Durkin presents the arguments of scientists and commentators who don't believe that CO2 produced by human activity is the main cause of climate change. It's a controversial film that was roundly attacked by some scientists and enthusiastically received by others, and the arguments it contains are an important part of the wider debate on the causes of climate change. The film was shortlisted for the Best Documentary award at the 2008 Broadcast Awards."
More About This Topic...
- Video: Is There a Consensus About Climate Change?
- Video: Global Warming: Doomsday Called Off
- Video: Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Health
- Video: Why Global Warming Policies Are More Dangerous Than Global Warming Itself
- Video: Saving the Polar Bear or Obama's CO2 Agenda?
- Video: The Debate - Short Documentary About the Kyoto Protocol
- Global Warming Won’t Spread Malaria
- Video: The Maldives Are Not Sinking
- Video: President Barack Obama at UN Climate Change Summit
- Video: Meltdown: The Predictable Distortion of Global Warming by Scientists, Politicians, and the Media