Put your ideas to the test, and get paid for it!
Intellectual Takeout welcomes original submissions for publication on its popular website. We are proud to have an audience of more than one million monthly readers who love dialogue and offer informed and challenging feedback to authors such as yourself.
Before submitting your piece, please take a look at our About page, some of our published articles, and our flagship Facebook page to get an idea of the tone, tenor, and subject matter that we’re looking for.
In addition, here are some other brief guidelines:
- Please try to keep your submissions under 600 words, and don’t be afraid to give us 400-500 words! Longer pieces may be accepted if they’re particularly relevant or engaging.
- Avoid overly partisan rhetoric.
- Maintain a conversational tone and avoid academic-speak as much as possible.
- Listicles will also be considered.
- Please cite sources appropriately, using hyperlinks when possible.
- Give us your best shot at a title that would be engaging for a social media audience.
Please send your submissions using the form below. Be sure to include a short bio with any blog or website links you may wish us to include. (Note: Intellectual Takeout reserves the right to adjust the title and make minor edits to the piece. If there are substantial edits, we will contact you before publishing.)
We believe good writing should be rewarded. So if your piece is accepted, we will send a payment of $50 to your PayPal account once it has been published on our site.
Note: Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a reply to every one of them. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your submission, it’s likely that we decided it wasn’t a good fit for Intellectual Takeout.
If you have any further questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.